The Family Center provides:
A safe place for families to gather before school and work where parents can make phone calls, care for small children, and search for housing or jobs.
Laundry and shower facilities.
Case management services by our case manager to include budgeting, parenting, goal setting and other life skills.
A permanent address for families while they are job seeking.
A place for guests to connect and network with existing service agencies that may benefit their needs.
A home office for the Family Promise staff.
Message from the Executive Director
Greetings from Family Promise of Shenandoah County!
In January 2018 we reviewed our past year of service to families without homes. Here are some highlights:
• Two mini-vans were donated to FPSC and then were donated to two graduate families of FPSC.
• We packed Blessing Bags at Cardboard City that were shared with homeless folks during the 2018 Point In Time count. Click here for results of the 2017 Virginia Point in Time Count.
• We assisted and mentored graduate families as they maintained employment and housing.
• We held a play group in the basement for FPSC children and children from the community.
• We hosted 12 families ‐ 16 adults and 28 children (15 under the age of 5)
• 8 families are now in their own house/apartment, 2 families reunited with family members, and 2 families continued in the program.
• Over 500 volunteers contributed more than 15,000 hours of service and support to our guests.
Thanks to everyone for all your support. We couldn't do it without our generous donors & volunteers. You are making a difference!!
Sherry Arey, Executive Director